Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JuanCaBlandon
Regular Visitor

dynamic scrolls in two charts

I have two charts on my dashboard, a timeline with data from many years and a detailed table, I would like to know if there is a possibility that as I move down my timeline on my first chart, the table below will also be displayed. move with the scroll synchronized with the one above,

Does that mean the two scrolls moving?

JuanCaBlandon_0-1695986290087.png

If the chart above shows me data from 2014, in my details table too

Thanks in advance to everyone!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @JuanCaBlandon 
Unfortunately, we don't have the option to scroll synchrony 2 different visuals.

There is an idea about this issue you can vote for here:
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=16ba87ee-d551-eb11-8fed-281878e608e9

as an alternative you can consider putting a slicer of date ranges with the scroll on the top of your line chart and use it to move through the dates.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
123abc
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, it is possible to create synchronized scrolling between two charts on your dashboard. This feature is often referred to as "scroll-linked animations" or "scroll syncing." It allows you to control the scroll behavior of one chart based on the scroll position of another chart.

Here's a general approach to achieve this:

1. Identify the Charting Library: Determine the charting library or framework you are using to create your charts. The implementation details can vary depending on the library.

2. Capture Scroll Events: You need to capture scroll events from the timeline chart. This can typically be done by adding an event listener to the chart's scrollable element.

3. Update the Table: When a scroll event occurs on the timeline chart, you will need to calculate the corresponding position in the table and update its scroll position accordingly.

4. Synchronize Scrolling: Set the scroll position of the table to match the scroll position of the timeline chart. You may need to apply some scaling or conversion logic to ensure that the two scrolls are synchronized correctly.

5. Testing and Adjustment: Test the synchronization thoroughly and make adjustments as needed to ensure that both charts scroll smoothly and accurately.

The specific implementation details will depend on the technologies and charting libraries you are using. If you provide more information about the tools you are working with, I can offer more specific guidance.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @JuanCaBlandon 
Unfortunately, we don't have the option to scroll synchrony 2 different visuals.

There is an idea about this issue you can vote for here:
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=16ba87ee-d551-eb11-8fed-281878e608e9

as an alternative you can consider putting a slicer of date ranges with the scroll on the top of your line chart and use it to move through the dates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.