Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dax

this is count cal when -ve retailing is included.this is count cal when -ve retailing is included.

p3m =
var a= MAX('PSR'[Month])-2
var b =CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('PSR'[Customer_Code]),'PSR'[Month]>=a && 'PSR'[Month]<=MAX('PSR'[Month]))
return
b
this is the formula for the above visual. It calculates distinct count of customers where sept=sept+aug+july, aug= aug+july+june and so on.
in excel pivot it count is different it is 24225 for sept and that is the count i want.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i8pY-97Y7r7alnWXvQeXEjqarzGAnsdS?usp=drive_link data link.

@Ahmedx 
17 REPLIES 17
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous 
Please do the following steps:
Create new measure:

Cust>0 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Customer),FILTER(Customer,Customer[Retailing]>0))

Create new measure 

Cummuative =
Var N= MAX(Customer[Month])-2
Var A=CALCULATE(Customer[Cust>0],'Customer'[Month]>=N && 'Customer'[Month]<=MAX('Customer'[Month]))
Return A

Uzi2019_0-1699248565732.png

I hope I answered your question.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

works 100% just 1 condition that i need is sum(retailing) and then distinctcount of customers. i got this result earlier also it is not wrong just after sum of retailing is applied then the count comes out to be different. ALso im not able to add this "sum of retailing" in the above measure

Hi @Anonymous 
Can you give me example by smapled data how you want Sum (retailing) to be added??
On which condition ?
or is it different measure or what?
Initially you want the count(cust) whose retailing >0 right. then you want 3 months count together.

Please mention the condition properly

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

=COUNTIF(E10:E24590,">0")

Anonymous
Not applicable

that is the distinct count of all months and in the provided dataset.the data is only of 7,8,9th month so total distinct count was 24225. and this should be in the month value 9
share12.jpg

can you share file with pivot table

Anonymous
Not applicable

why is this range not included in your formula?

Screenshot_1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

oh my bad you can include everything

Measure 2 = 
var a= MAX('PSR'[Month])-2
var b =CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('PSR'[Customer_Code]),'PSR'[Month]>=a && 'PSR'[Month]<=MAX('PSR'[Month])&& 'PSR'[sale]>0)
return
b
Anonymous
Not applicable

this measure is fine but not 100% correct. after taking sum of retailing then the distinct count should be applied.

I don’t understand, please explain what else is needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

the retailing value are + and - both .......in this case if some retailing is done lets say 20 then naturally the count should be 1 but the product he recieved were damaged so he returned those products i.e -20. technically that customer had never ordered. +20-20= 0 . so it should not be counted. but in this case in power bi when we exclude -ve retailing at that time only -20 is excluded and +20 remains there. so still that customers count is considered. and in excel that is not the case. In excel it is taking the sum of retailing and then the count is being taken. i want the excel value.

Please check attached pbix for more details.

Hello! did you check my file

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ahmedx ?

Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

Explain how you got this value (24225) in Excel

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.