Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kris_talikowski
Frequent Visitor

datediff and a slicer

Hi

I have a table Visits with Customer ID (Customer ID FK] and multiple customer visits with visit date (Start Date).

This measure works beautifully when there is no date slicer on the report. It brings number of days between customer's first visit date and today.

CustomerRelationship = SUMMARIZE(Visits,Visits[Customer ID FK], "Relationship",DATEDIFF(min(Visits[Start Date]),TODAY(),DAY))

Now, I would like the users to have an option to select a date instead of using Today. I want to calculate first visit's date against selected date on the slicer.

This measure works but it always brings the value of 1 because min(Visits[Start Date) is taken from the slicer. So, there is just one day difference (or 0 depending on date format) between min date and selected date.

CustomerRelationship = SUMMARIZE(Visits,Visits[Customer ID FK], "Relationship",CALCULATE(DATEDIFF(min(Visits[Start Date]), SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Month Year]),DAY)))

Any ideas? You help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
kris_talikowski
Frequent Visitor

Thaanks amitchandak.

I applied this but the message I have now is, the expression specified in the query is not a valid table expression.

CustomerRelationship = AverageX(

SUMMARIZE(Visits,Visits[Customer ID FK], "_Relationship",DATEDIFF(min(Visits[Start Date]),selectedvalue(TableDate[Day Date]),DAY)), [_Relationship])

kris_talikowski_0-1704124333679.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kris_talikowski , Create a measure and use that with customer from original table

AverageX(

SUMMARIZE(Visits,Visits[Customer ID FK], "_Relationship",DATEDIFF(min(Visits[Start Date]),selectedvalue(Date[Date]),DAY)), [_Relationship])

You can use SUMX inplace of Averagex or You can use maxx(allselected(Date), Date[Date])  in place of selectedvalue(Date[Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.