Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

NewNewNewbie
Frequent Visitor

create relationship between 2 Master datas

Hello, currently I'm working with tables with models like this

NewNewNewbie_0-1698226313172.png

where the Date table and Master Product table create "1-to-Many" relationship with many tables because the tables have Date and Kode-Produk

Now I want to build a linechart between the tables in the middle with Date table in X axis and they show nothing.

can you suggest me how to create the relationship between this tables so Master Product table can be used to filter product and Date table show for each month

Sorry if my explanation if not clear enough.

Regards

Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Felix, thank you for responding,

after doing some experiments, It seems that my data model is the problem because I do some power query steps to transform the data model (I still don't know how it affect the viz)

but after transformed the data model in excel first and then load it to power query, all the data work well

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @NewNewNewbie ,

You model seems to be well built looking at your explanation if you add the Master Data in your Axis and the values from the fact tables the filter should propagate within your report.

How are you bulding the visualizations?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi Felix, thank you for responding,

after doing some experiments, It seems that my data model is the problem because I do some power query steps to transform the data model (I still don't know how it affect the viz)

but after transformed the data model in excel first and then load it to power query, all the data work well

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.