Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RishabhRishank

compare columns between two tables

I am working on a reconcilliation dashboard where I want to compare data coming from two different datasources
Big Data and Unified data.
I have the same tablename coming from both the tables(One table for BDP and other for UDP) where I can make the relationship. But my requirement is to compare record count between both of them against same table on daily basis.

Attaching belwo the data model where I want to compare hive record count vs load row count, all three tables are joined on "target table name" column

RishabhRishank_0-1712625327257.png

i want to show data like below in a matrix where I am showing the row count and hive count against table name(Row) on daily basis

My recuirement is to compare value between these two"

ex: on 7th March 1st row is  Row Count=4 and Hive record count =2 so these should be a false statement .

So either i want to add another column to show True/false or i can do the color formatting for each cell accordingly if true green if false thren red

RishabhRishank_1-1712625486840.png

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Sounds good. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

i have tried with this approach writing a DAX :

'Comparison =
var A = SELECTEDVALUE(UDP_INGESTION_AUDIT_LOG_2024[load_row_cnt])
var B = SELECTEDVALUE(exportq[HIVE_REC_COUNT])
return IF(A = B, TRUE, FALSE)

but I see True even when the count doesn't match, please see the snippet below
RishabhRishank_0-1712798063760.png

what does SELECTEDVALUE  mean for your scenario?  Do you have single select slicers on these columns?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.