Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

domcv
Helper I
Helper I

charts unable to change with filters

Hi all I  have the main data table with 4 columns(Team member, Created Date, Completed Date, Type).

domcv_0-1657713303320.png

Completed and Type can be null untill its completed and Type is assigned.

I need to create 3 main visuals.

1.) Weekly Created vs Compled Counts

2.) Created vs Completed By Team member

3.) Created vs Completed By Type

To do that i created 4 main tables.

domcv_1-1657713608152.png

Main is raw data table.

ByTeamMember is team member wise created vs Completed Counts

ByType is Type wise created vs Completed Counts

WeeklyCreatedvsCompleted is weekly created and compled counts.

My question is even after connecting feilds via data models,charts donot update with slicers.

domcv_2-1657713934877.png

after changing date slicers other 3 charts do not change its values to corresponding date changes

Do i have to create a measures to make this workable. cant i do it via this way with creating seperate tables with the use of data modeling?

PBIX File with data and dashbaord:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kgKqHD8nRwBe9zvHM3Z0vsYwejVtDqXN/view?usp=sharing

1 REPLY 1
johncolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @domcv , A couple of things:

• If you use the count of the Created and Completed columns from the Main table instead of the tables you created it will work. 
  • The quarter and month name filters wont do anything as there is only one option for them, so currently have them unticked is the same as having them ticked. But the report will update using the other 2 currently.
  • I suggest you read: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/star-schema the way you had it built you were trying to use the fact table to filter your dimensions, when it should be the other way around. 

Hope this helps, If this answer solves your problem please mark it as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.