Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

anglefbi11
Regular Visitor

cant sort by month number

hi

i am facing an issue with powerbi. i have a column named ( month name ) and ( month number )

i created a filter by using month name ( as all of us know it will sort alphapitical ) so i created another column named ( month number )

when i go to slicer i choose sort by month number and it is not working and shows me the below error. can you assest?

the error msg is:  we can't sort the motnh column by month nymber there can't be more than one value in month number for the same valu in month. please choose a different column for sorging or update the data in month number

montherror2.PNG

monthserror1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @anglefbi11 , If month number is created based on the month name then it will not allow to sort. You have to create month number column with the help of any date column then only it will work to sort month name. 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @anglefbi11 , If month number is created based on the month name then it will not allow to sort. You have to create month number column with the help of any date column then only it will work to sort month name. 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

god bless you 

My Pleasure and thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.