Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DESMOND95LX

can't Find value option for chart

Hey guys, im new to power Bi and have a little question. While creating a dashboard, i couldn't find the value option for my chart. I only see the Y-axis, X-axis, legend, small multiples... but no option for value. please, i need help with this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DESMOND95LX , looks like an old video. The clustered column chart would have been updated since this video was created to incude x-axis and y-axis fields instead of Axis and Value. You'll still get the same end result.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
johncolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @DESMOND95LX , It depends on the type of chart you are using. Not all chart types use the Value fieldwell. For example, bar charts showing sales by region. You can use y-axis to plot your Region category and the x-axis to plot the Total Sales. 

Hey John, thanks for your quick response, but was using an example on youtube and he had the option for his own visualization. I attached a screenshot of both. 

DESMOND95LX_1-1658104070449.png

DESMOND95LX_2-1658104180830.png

@DESMOND95LX , looks like an old video. The clustered column chart would have been updated since this video was created to incude x-axis and y-axis fields instead of Axis and Value. You'll still get the same end result.

@johncolley Thank you John, i thought about that too because some of the options where different from what's on the video.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.