Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Voltes

Your organization doesn't currently allow its users to purchase Microsoft Power BI.

Hi guys,

I'm just re-entering Power BI  'world' after several months absent. I tried to sign up a new account to Power BI with this link : app.powerbi.com and after click submit, I recevied this error :

Voltes_0-1688173258818.png

My condition is : the email is from a Google Suite (paid business account). However this is my second user under my domain. I have 2 users created under this domain which consider my organization. The 1st user is the admin account, which I already use this email account for quite some time before and I can sign in to Power BI. 

Anyone know why I can't sign up a new account but receive that error message ?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Voltes ,

this article explains what you are experiencing: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-disable-self-service

You have to assign a Power BI Pro license to or Power BI Free license using the M365 Admin portal.

Of course, the Free license requires Premium Per Capacity licensing.

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

My users have MS Power BI Premium licenses and M365 E3.  However, my current users are getting the same error message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.