Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Yesterday Sales no longer calculating

Help! 

I have an INVOICE file that contains the usual stuff:  Extended Sales Amount, Invoice Number, Invoice Date, etc. 

I created a measure call Yesterday which is simply Yesterday = today()-1

Then created another measure: 

Yesterday's Sales = CALCULATE(sum(Invoice_16[Total Extended Sales]),filter(Invoice_16,Invoice_16[Invoice Date]=Invoice_16[Yesterday]))

What I need it to do is add up all the Extended Sales Amounts where Invoice Date = Yesterday.   Both dates are formatted the same (M/dd/yyyy).  I wouldn't think that would matter, but they are the same nonetheless.

This was working up until a few days ago.  Now my visual just returns (Blank).

What went wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to downgrade to the August version and my problems have been resolved.  All my objects are displaying the measure results correctly, including Yesterday's Sales, YTD Sales, QTD Sales and MTD.

Rose

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

well...sanity check; add a new table visual with several (or all) of the columns of the Invoice table plus your 2 measures.....  is there data all there?  will only take a minute.....

www.CahabaData.com

Yes, I tried that multiple times. I even created a new report, importing the invoice table, recreated the measures and I'm still getting BLANK. This was working up until a few days ago when I loaded the latest version. Now it seems that nothing is working. I can't even refresh my tables anymore. I'm very worried because I have to present this to upper management the week after next and now I can't get anything to work. Very frustrated. Rose

definitely a bummer... I hope others will join in with some suggestions.  What I myself would do - is still go back to basics on the sanity check by starting a brand new file (not just a new report) - do a brand new Get Data import - - and see that data in tables - and then make the measure.  It doesn't take long and the goal is to establish whether the PBI install works or doesn't.

right now it seems to point to the install but on the other hand a measure could return a blank if that is the correct result of the logic meaning that the data itself has changed.

what to do next kind of depends on what you find

www.CahabaData.com

I was able to downgrade to the August version and my problems have been resolved.  All my objects are displaying the measure results correctly, including Yesterday's Sales, YTD Sales, QTD Sales and MTD.

Rose

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.