Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

saris02

YTD YA performance

Hi There!

I am struggling with YTD YA measure - I have checked the similar posts, and used the same logic - and if I check the data with power BI publisher for excel, in excel I get incorrect results.

Could someone please check my below lines and advise how can I get the correct data even in the excel add-in?

Value YTD TY = TOTALYTD (SUM (Sales[Sales Value]) ; 'Date'[Date] )          <- this is working fine

Value YTD YA? =
CALCULATE ( [Value YTD TY] ; SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR ('Date'[Date]) )       <- in case of year ago I have all 2017 data available, and it calculates the sales from Jan 1 till Dec 31, does not sums the date till the last available in 2017

Many thanks in advance!

Szilvi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lin!

Thanks a lot for your feedback - yesterday evening I managed to fix my problem, and it's working now 🙂

Have a great weekend,

Cheers,

Szilvi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @saris02

The second formula is to calculate last year's YTD.

and it works well

For example

5.png

And if the date hierarchy is include day,  it will calculate the sales from Jan 1 till Dec 31.

If it is not your case, please share pbix file or some data sample and expected output . You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin!

Thanks a lot for your feedback - yesterday evening I managed to fix my problem, and it's working now 🙂

Have a great weekend,

Cheers,

Szilvi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.