Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrong Total in Matrix by using SMX-measure

Hello,

I got the following issue. I have to show a table with the values per year and I also have to show the sum of them. 

In order to consider a currency translation I am using the following measure to show the data: 

PS IRQ (in target CUR) = SUMX('Product Information','Product Information'[Currency Rate]*sum('Product Information'[Project Specific Cost (in EUR)]))

As you can see in the picture my values per year are correct. The issue is that the sum of them is not correct. I do not know how to solve this specific problem. Hopefully some of you got an idea how I have to change my measure so that all values will be correct.

BrauTi_1-1647887320920.png

I would really appreciate your help....!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous, Try this.

PS IRQ (in target CUR) = SUMX('Product Information','Product Information'[Currency Rate]*'Product Information'[Project Specific Cost (in EUR)])

Sum is an aggregation, where are SUMX is iterating through each line of the dataset. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since there is no specific pbix file for you, you can refer to my similar template data below.

It showed me  2+2=3, on total,but I want to show here 4.

vluwangmsft_0-1648112884729.png

base data:

vluwangmsft_1-1648112948667.png

measure:

visit(cal) = DISTINCTCOUNT(Spending[date])

Visit = VAR _table = SUMMARIZE(Spending, Spending[member_number], "distinctcount", DISTINCTCOUNT(Spending[date]))
RETURN
SUMX(_table, [visit(cal)])

Final I create another  measure:

test = if(HASONEVALUE(Spending[branch_name]),[visit(cal)],SUMX(DISTINCT(Spending[branch_name]),[visit(cal)]))

Output:

vluwangmsft_2-1648113041053.png

You could adjust on my sample .And if question still not solved ,could you pls share your pbix file ,and remember to remove confidential data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous, Try this.

PS IRQ (in target CUR) = SUMX('Product Information','Product Information'[Currency Rate]*'Product Information'[Project Specific Cost (in EUR)])

Sum is an aggregation, where are SUMX is iterating through each line of the dataset. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.