Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bruno_carvalho

Working with the same project over different machines

Hello everyone!

There is a way to continue to work with the same project in machine after you previous started in another one? I'm currently over a hibrid work system at my work, which means that i need to go to the office 3 times at week. So, for these days, i'll use my company notebook and when i'm working from home, i'll always gonna be using my personal PC. The currently report that i'm working on right now I've started to develop on my personal PC (which i'll always choose over my company notebook) with everything, the connections with the dataset, ETL process with Power Query, data modeling and the data viz. When i tried to continue the project on my company notebook, i realized that i would have to rebuild evertyhing(ETL, data modeling, formats, transformations) except for the data viz even having the same data source on this notebook company, it wont allow me to connect. There is a way to work continue to work at same project over differents machines without the need of rebuilding everything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@bruno_carvalho,

A few ideas:

1. Create a virtual machine and connect to the VM from each device.

https://www.coveros.com/using-virtual-machines-for-software-development/ 

2. Save the pbix to a file service like OneDrive, and connect to it from each device.

3. At the end of the day, publish the pbix to Power BI service. Then, from the other device, download the pbix from PBI Service. You'd be using PBI Service as a way to move the pbix between devices.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@bruno_carvalho,

A few ideas:

1. Create a virtual machine and connect to the VM from each device.

https://www.coveros.com/using-virtual-machines-for-software-development/ 

2. Save the pbix to a file service like OneDrive, and connect to it from each device.

3. At the end of the day, publish the pbix to Power BI service. Then, from the other device, download the pbix from PBI Service. You'd be using PBI Service as a way to move the pbix between devices.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.