Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Workflow for having data providers check reports in draft, then publishing to live

Hi All,

I'm looking to have users submit their information, log in to a draft version of power bi to check their information is displaying correctly, submit confirmation that their data has been approved, then allow the manager to switch the reporting to 'live' when he/she is happy. (i.e. looking to stop the business intelligence department from having to sense check the numbers on each report)

Please can you tell me if power bi can deal with that kind of workflow?

Many thanks for your help,

CM

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CloudMonkey 

If I understand correctly, you hope that your BI department focus on creating and developing reports, and that report users check if relevant information is correct, right? If so, my idea is to use the Add comments feature. 

You can upload the draft report into a new workspace, then share the report to the users who are going to check the information. You can share it to users, security groups, and distribution lists. Before sharing, you can uncheck below options, then users will have only read access to the report.

122203.jpg

When users open the shared report, they will see Comment feature on the top of the report. They can add comments to the general report or a specific visual. If they have any comments or suggestions when checking the information, they can add comments there and you will see them.

122204.jpg

For more detailed guide, please refer to below links:

Add comments to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Share Power BI dashboards and reports with coworkers and others - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Kindly let me know if this helps.

Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.