Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Why is my Table not changing to a Measures Table?

Hi All,

This is not a huge deal but I'm just curious as to why the symbol here isn't changing to show that it's a measures table. I collapsed the filed and expanded it again. I even closed Power BI and relaunched it again. I have the latest Power BI so I think that they've just changed it when compared to previous ones. Please see below:

Measure3.png

Compared to what I was hoping to get:

Measures.png

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HamidBee ,

How did you create the table? I created a table use the Enter Data feature and enter only one row with a value "1". After that I created a measure under the table and delete the initial column then the table became a measures table. I'm using December 2021 version of Power BI Desktop.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HamidBee ,

How did you create the table? I created a table use the Enter Data feature and enter only one row with a value "1". After that I created a measure under the table and delete the initial column then the table became a measures table. I'm using December 2021 version of Power BI Desktop.

Capture.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Thank you it worked! Before I was creating a new table instead of entering data. So prior to knowing this I would have a new table called "x" and with a column titled "column" and no value. This is what happens when I create a new table, there is no option to delete the table:

MeasuresTable.png

Enter Data.png

It works when I click "enter data" and delete the table in that way but it doesn't work when I delete a table after I click "create a table". It doesn't even give me an option to delete the table in this way.

Thank you,

Hamid

ALLUREAN
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Not sure if this is because of a PBI version (latest is December 2021), but you can try to delete the Measures table, create it again, hide the column, it will dissapear, then create measures or just move another measure into the table and should shows up

Appreciate your Kudos !!!

https://allure-analytics.com/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

https://allure-analytics.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCndD_QZVNB_JWYLEmP6KrpA
https://www.linkedin.com/company/77757292/

Proud to be a Super User!

HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Honestly I tried this again and again but it doesn't work. Thanks anyway

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

What PBI version are you on? In previous versions (can't remember from which) you had to hide the field pane (click on the arrow at the top of the pane) and restore it for the change to happen

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

HamidBee
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have version: Version: 2.99.862.0 64-bit (November 2021). I have already tried collapsing the fields pane and opening it again, same issue. I'm wondering whether it just is this way on the new versions of BI.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@HamidBee when all columns are hidden and there are only measures in the table, it should show that icon. Strange, you have only one measure and it not showing that

I tried increasing the number of measures. Same answer. Thankfully it wouldn't affect anything but I was just curious.

Measure4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.