Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kancs9128
Frequent Visitor

White out (instead of "fading") other components within a visual

Hi all;

I am looking to white out (instead of "fading") the other components within a visual.

Example; when choosing Korea, i am looking to white out all the other components within the visual - meaning that N.America/ Far East/ Taiwan/ Japan inside the treemap visual is being white out completely. 

Currently, the option is to "fade" the other components but i am looking to white out the other components instead.

kancs9128_0-1716135675517.png

2 REPLIES 2
AnalyticPulse
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

hi @kancs9128 

in my version im able to do this by following steps:

1. Select the visual (in this case, the treemap visual) where you want to apply the white-out effect.
  2. Click on the field that represents the category you want to use for filtering (e.g., Country).
  3. In the Visualizations pane, go to the "Format" section (paint roller icon).
  4. Expand the "Data colors" section.
  5. Turn on the "Conditional formatting" toggle.
  6. Select "Background color" from the dropdown menu.
  7. Click on the ellipsis (...) button next to "Advanced controls."
  8. In the "Advanced controls" window, choose the "Format by: Field value" option.
  9. In the "Based on field" dropdown, select the field that represents the category you want to use for filtering (e.g., Country).
  10. Choose the specific value (e.g., Korea) for which you want to apply the white-out effect.
  11. Set the color to white (#FFFFFF) for that value.
  12. Optionally, adjust the transparency slider to make the other components more or less visible (although they will appear white).

You can also use dax for this for eg:
WhiteOut Color = IF ( SELECTEDVALUE('YourTable'[Country]) = "Korea", "White", "Transparent" )

Learn Power BI free:

https://analyticpulse.blogspot.com

Power BI : getting started
Tree MAP Visual usage

Dax functions

powerbi Visualisation

AnalyticPulse_0-1715829624787.png

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @kancs9128 ,

unfortuantely, the answer is - no.

The treemap, as other core visuals, do not expose the filter interaction if an item is marked from inside the visual.

The below screenshot shows the available interaction properties when a different visual is marked (except the slicer).

TomMartens_0-1716137086930.png

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.