Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

EaglesTony
Helper V
Helper V

What is the best way to combine like tables ?

Hi,

I have 2 tables that are exactly alike in structure (i.e. same columns, types, etc), but 2 different sources of data (one for Q2 data and one for Q3 data).

What would be the best way to combine them to create a 3rd table with all the rows from both tables ?

My options I am thinking is in Power Query an "Append As New" and in DAX as a Union, but not sure of which one to use that would be more effective ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

in terms of speed i'd go with Power Query as it will pe processed prior to any DAX measures and quives you a complete table ready for processing in report view.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

in terms of speed i'd go with Power Query as it will pe processed prior to any DAX measures and quives you a complete table ready for processing in report view.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.