Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tylesftw
Helper II
Helper II

We encountered an error while trying to connect. Details "Oracle. "

Hi All,

Getting this error when trying to connect to an oracle on prem database. I believe I have installed the correct Oracle prerequisite drivers etc. but it is fustrating that I do not get more details of what the actual error is?

Anybody that can help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
uia41300

I get the same issue, Power BI verions is Jun2022 and Oracle Instant Client 64bit 12.1.0.2. Tried a lot, still fail with the same warning.

enzo_garcia20
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Any feedbacks on this? I started to get this error to from nowhere (until this week everything was working fine).

I've tried x32 and x64 bits versions, tried to reinstal the ODAC, to Run as Admin, to downgrade to August versions and no success.

Thanks,

Hi all,

Maybe I found something. I had 2 Oracle clients installed on my PC, one in my user and other in the adm user. My ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN system variables were pointing to the admin client installation and it was working fine in the PL/SQL but giving this error on Power BI.

So, I just pointed both variables to the folder in my user and now both tools are working fine.

Hope this can help someone.

Best regards,

Enzo.

tylesftw
Helper II
Helper II

Will take a look, I vaguely recollect trying some of these steps. Thanks.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@tylesftw 

Have you looked at this thread?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63149144/power-bi-oracle-connetion-details-oracle

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.