Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JeffreyLau

Waterfall Graph Application

Hi all,

From the Tutorial, the waterfall graph can present the changes over time.  But I did something else in excel as below as try to replicate it in Power BI but in vain. 

Below, i am showing the breakdown by elements.  For those elements, they are different attributes (fields) in the database.  Not sure how to put the fields into the visualisation panel (Category, Breakdown, Y Axis).

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@JeffreyLau wrote:

Hi all,

From the Tutorial, the waterfall graph can present the changes over time.  But I did something else in excel as below as try to replicate it in Power BI but in vain. 

Below, i am showing the breakdown by elements.  For those elements, they are different attributes (fields) in the database.  Not sure how to put the fields into the visualisation panel (Category, Breakdown, Y Axis).

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

@JeffreyLau

AFAIK, it is not able to create the very equivalent waterfall graph in Power BI. One similar graph as below can be created, however the elements have to be assigned an index to determine the present order in the graph. See more details in the attached pbix file.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@JeffreyLau wrote:

Hi all,

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

@JeffreyLau

AFAIK, it is not able to create the very equivalent waterfall graph in Power BI. One similar graph as below can be created, however the elements have to be assigned an index to determine the present order in the graph. See more details in the attached pbix file.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.