Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waterfall Categories

I have some data in a simple dataset and I am trying to create a measure or calulated column that will created the appropriate catagories to use for a simple waterfall chart.  The data is below.  In excel, I can create the catagories by summing the colums.  I am trying to get the following catagories:

• Start (starting pipeline)
  • New (new deals in the pipeline)
  • Weighted value change (deals in the pipeline that changed sales stages so their weighed value changed)
  • Contract value change 
  • Deals Won
  • Deals Lost
  • Ending Pipeline

The problem that I am having is that some deals may fall in multiple catagories (a deal had a contract value increase and was won).   In which case I want to capture the full "Won" amount in Won and the amount that changed in weighed value change.  The if/then that I tried to create didn't work because I can't capture multiple catagores.

Deal - IDDeal - Title Start Pipeline  New Deals  Won Deals  Weighted Value Change LostContract Value ChangeEnd
1Deal 1                          1,000                                 -                          (1,200)                                                         200                                 -                                   -                                   -  
2Deal 2                           1,000                                 -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
3Deal 3                           1,000                                 -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
4Deal 4                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
5Deal 5                          1,000                                 -                          (1,000)                                                             -                                   -                                   -                                   -  
6Deal 6                          1,000                                 -                                                         2,000                                 -                                   -                            3,000
7Deal 7                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                          (1,000)                                 -                                   -  
8Deal 8                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                          (1,000)                                 -                                   -  
9Deal 9                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                          (1,000)                                 -                                   -  
10Deal 10                          1,000                                 -                                                          (100)                            (900)                                 -                                   -  
11Deal 11                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                                   -                            1,000                          2,000
12Deal 12                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                                   -                            1,000                          2,000
13Deal 13                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
14Deal 14                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
15Deal 15                          1,000                                 -                                   -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
16Deal 16                           1,000                                 -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
17Deal 17                          1,000                                  -                                                               -                          (1,000)                                 -                                   -  
18Deal 18                          1,000                                  -                                                         (500)                            (500)                                 -                                   -  
19Deal 19                           1,000                                 -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
20Deal 20                           1,000                                 -                                                               -                                   -                                   -                            1,000
3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is the information you present in the format of your data or is this treated and has you would place it in excel?

If the information is in the final format you should unpivot the values an use it on your chart check example below:

MFelix_0-1617710067693.png

Is this the final result? If yes please tell me and I will guide you step by step.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Miguel,

Thanks for looking at this.  I am not sure that I understand your question on the data but what I pasted above is a demo subset of the data.  I have 50 or so other comumns in the dataset that don't pertain to the waterfall in any way which makes upivoting the data tricky.  Is there a way to upivot the columns above wich pertain to the waterfall without impacting the rest of the datset?

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can unpivot only some columns the questions is that the other columns will have repeated values.

In this case believe that the best option is to create a disconnected table and make a switch measure or create a measure for each of your options.

Do you want me to prepare a sample file with one of the options above?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.