Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cathoms
Helper V
Helper V

Visualization to compare two values for same person, from same row

I have a dataset where each provider has a separate row with the following columns (plus others):

NPI (id/key)Total Visits99212 visits99213 visits99214 visits99215 visits99212 peer99213 peer99214 peer99215 peer

NPI is related to a Provider lookup table with fullnames. Providers code their office visits as either 992... 12, 13, 14, or 15. I created a measure to calculate the utilization rate for the various codes, meaning of the total visits x% are 99212, y% are 99213, etc. The columns with the code number and 'peer' are peer group utilization rates, i.e. the rate at which a provider's peer group utilizes each code. Those are data in the dataset, not measures.

I want to set up a visualization that compares the actual utilization rate with the peer utilization rate for a given provider. Line chart in Power BI sets all the values on the y axis and the name on the x axis, so I just have a chart showing the values as dots situated above the name, like this:

cathoms_1-1622578307341.png

What I want is the values (code utilization rates) to appear along the x axis, something like this:

cathoms_0-1622578058658.png

I don't need to use a line chart, I just need a way to show the provider utilization rate and peer group utilization rate for each code separately, as it were. Is there something I need to do in the data model, or another measure to create, or some other visual I should use to accomplish this?

Basically, I'm looking for a way to emulate the following in Power BI:

cathoms_2-1622578675519.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cathoms
Helper V
Helper V

So my alternative solution was to simply create four separate visuals per provider - one for each code. I used Bullet Chart by OKVIZ. Here is the end result:

cathoms_0-1623788311467.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cathoms
Helper V
Helper V

So my alternative solution was to simply create four separate visuals per provider - one for each code. I used Bullet Chart by OKVIZ. Here is the end result:

cathoms_0-1623788311467.png

Updated version with rearranged visuals:

cathoms_0-1626294025053.png

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cathoms ,

Great, can you share your solution and mark it as an answer so that people with the same problem can quickly find a solution.

Best Regards

Lucien

cathoms
Helper V
Helper V

I figured out an alternative using multiple visuals.

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

Could you pls share your pbix file? Remember to remove confident data.

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.