Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BK1234
Helper I
Helper I

Visual: Map with cities of the Netherlands

Hello,

I would like to use a visual that shows a map of the Netherlands. The value of the measure should be shown for every city in the Netherlands (which is available in the data offcourse). 

We tried the following visuals:

- Map - it shows cirkles but is not very clear so no can do

- Shape map - very nice but we only get it working for "gemeentes" which is a larger area with multiple cities in it. 

- ArcGis - possible to get city-areas but not all cities seem to be in the right area and the visual seems to ask a lot from the local server, which we don't want

Can anyone help to use, for example the visual Shape map, to see city-areas?

It probably would be helpfull to have a json-file with the cities of the Netherlands. We allready have a json-file with the postal codes (only 4 numbers) but we are not yet able to find a json-file with the cities. Does anyone have such a file?

I also found a .geojson-file with the cities/townships of the Netherlands but this doesn't work. Is there some way to make the geojson-file a json-file?

1 REPLY 1

@BK1234 Have you tried the Icon Map custom visual in the marketplace? James Dales has done some really good work around that area. Here is his blog -> https://powerbi.jamesdales.com/icon-map-custom-visual/ 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.