Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kyleb350
Helper I
Helper I

Viewing Blanks In Indirect Many To Many Relationship

I have an ERD of items (CI_Item) that are contained both in Sales Orders and Purchase Orders, essentially linking them through an item code, creating an indirect many to many relationship (which is expected). This issue I'm having in my report is I have a single table that lists item info and the Sales Orders and Purchase Orders that they are on, and all items are being listed as having both an associated sales and purchase order. I know there are items out there on sales orders that do not have a purchase order. There is no "Blank" values showing up for purchase orders, so I was wondering what can I adjust in the relationships or visuals to show these?

erd.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gdarakji
Resolver III
Resolver III

From the diagram you provided, the relationships are one-to-many and not many-to-many which is how they are supposed to be. I believe your problem is not with the relationships but with the "Filter Direction". You should change the "Filter Direction" to One and then make sure the fields in the visual are set to "Show items with no data":

gdarakji_0-1621546282851.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gdarakji
Resolver III
Resolver III

From the diagram you provided, the relationships are one-to-many and not many-to-many which is how they are supposed to be. I believe your problem is not with the relationships but with the "Filter Direction". You should change the "Filter Direction" to One and then make sure the fields in the visual are set to "Show items with no data":

gdarakji_0-1621546282851.png

Thanks! It looks like that "Show items with no data" has resolved it. I did not have that checked on the PO field in my visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.