Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

partymia
Frequent Visitor

Verify values from two tables (True/False statements)

Hello,

I have two tables with multiple columns and i need to verify if some values are in one and others in another. The problem is i cannot merge as then it creates circular flow and Power Bi doesnt like it. There isnt a straight Vlookup way of adding the columns from one to another in Query (or i havent found one yet). When Lookup using DAX i can find and then filter true and false, but as i need lets say 3 different columns to be filtered: example if(A=True, then set B=True, else set C=True) here A,B, C are the values that were LOOKEDUP from one of the tables. Any ideas how to approach this problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
partymia
Frequent Visitor

Actually, that didnt seem to be what i was looking for, however your suggestion gave me another idea speaking of conditions, and so i applied the if statemnts on the LOOKUPVALUEs that way i already got my TRUE and FALSE from that output, and then when i was doing the additional checks this time Power Bi was accepting them as before I was keep getting an error for true and false not possible to filter in such ways, but i guess just needed to find another step before that, so thanks in the end i got to where i needed 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
partymia
Frequent Visitor

Actually, that didnt seem to be what i was looking for, however your suggestion gave me another idea speaking of conditions, and so i applied the if statemnts on the LOOKUPVALUEs that way i already got my TRUE and FALSE from that output, and then when i was doing the additional checks this time Power Bi was accepting them as before I was keep getting an error for true and false not possible to filter in such ways, but i guess just needed to find another step before that, so thanks in the end i got to where i needed 🙂

@partymia 

Glad you found a solution at the end, do let me know if you face any issues.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@partymia 

You can use LOOKUPVALUE function with more than one condition and find matching value, please refer : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/lookupvalue-function-dax

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.