Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tbyberg
Frequent Visitor

Values not aggregating to Month Year field in bar chart

In my Date dimension, i have a Monty Year field formatted:     mmm-yyyy

when i plop in onto an axis against an amount, the month year values are repeating instead of aggregating to one bar for each.

tbyberg_0-1594234178590.png

This is an Azure Analysis Services data source.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tbyberg
Frequent Visitor

I did find what i believe causes this issue.

In AAS, I had the default sort order for the fiscal month year field set to the Date.

If you do that, then it appears it is repeating the fiscal month year in the x-axis for each Day.  

I created a YYYYMM column to use in the default sort order for the fiscal month year, and now it is working as expected.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tbyberg
Frequent Visitor

I did find what i believe causes this issue.

In AAS, I had the default sort order for the fiscal month year field set to the Date.

If you do that, then it appears it is repeating the fiscal month year in the x-axis for each Day.  

I created a YYYYMM column to use in the default sort order for the fiscal month year, and now it is working as expected.

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @tbyberg,

Can you tell me if you are plotting a column or a measure? Also, it would be better if you can provide sample file for this.

Thanks.

it is a measure against a fiscal month-year field.  I will see if i can replicate with an example.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tbyberg ,

Looking forward to one example.

Best Regards,

Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.