Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amybirc77
Helper II
Helper II

Value is not a cube error

Hi All,

In my PBI , I connected and imported data, few measures and a date, everything is fine, but when I had to add another date filed, it is throwing me the error 

"Transactions the value is not a cube". Please advice, there is not much on this online either.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ribisht17 @Mikelytics Thanks for your time and for the links. The links are helpful, but did not resolve my issue. I was wondering when I did not face issue adding the first date field, how did I get the error when adding the second one. I opened the SSAS CUBE and compared both the date dimensions, one of the attribute which us a DATE field was coming in as TEXT, I changed it to DATE and reprocessed the cube, refreshed the query editor and the error is gone.

Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mikelytics
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@amybirc77 Great and thank you for your feedback. Since that solved the problem it was a really misleading error message 😄

------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my blog datenhungrig which I recently started with content about business intelligence and Power BI in German and English or follow me on LinkedIn!
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

hi @amybirc77 

"Transactions the value is not a cube" -Related blogs below

Solved: Error 'The value is not a cube.' while refreshing ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Re: Error: 'The value is not a cube', While connec... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

Mikelytics
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @amybirc77 ,

I have not seen this kind of error but have you checked these posts? The second one was solved.

Error: The value is not a cube - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Re: Error: 'The value is not a cube', While connec... - Microsoft Power BI Community

SAP BW BEx Value is not a cube - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Appreciate your thumbs up!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my blog datenhungrig which I recently started with content about business intelligence and Power BI in German and English or follow me on LinkedIn!

@ribisht17 @Mikelytics Thanks for your time and for the links. The links are helpful, but did not resolve my issue. I was wondering when I did not face issue adding the first date field, how did I get the error when adding the second one. I opened the SSAS CUBE and compared both the date dimensions, one of the attribute which us a DATE field was coming in as TEXT, I changed it to DATE and reprocessed the cube, refreshed the query editor and the error is gone.

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.