Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

andreazambon
Helper V
Helper V

Vales are summarized in a small multiple linear chart

Hi guys, 

I need to show in a line chart all the values of a DB, where my DB is composed by dates, productive lines and values. 

In the chart I put the Lines as small multiples, dates in X-axis and values in Y-axis. 

PowerBI shows te value as "Average" without any option to show them as unique entities, so if I have 3 values on the same date, the graph doesn't show 3 points but the average of them. 

andreazambon_0-1713530285927.png

Take the graph of line "2005" as example, in excel I have the mark for each point:

PBI:

andreazambon_2-1713530495748.png

EXCEL:

andreazambon_3-1713530503412.png

Do you have some suggestions? I need the same graph that I've got with excel.

Here's the .pbix example:

https://we.tl/t-GbnDYUo1cG

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @andreazambon 
Yep,

Unless you add an index to each row at the day level

and then use it as a legend

or hierarchy...

(as I showed in the discussion I referred you to)

the charts are simply not built to display all values, they display aggregations.

Therefore, if you want to display all the points, they must have some unique identifier that will appear on the graph.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @andreazambon 
Please refer to my answer in the linked discussion :

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Plot-Line-Chart-Industrial-Logging-without-Aggrega...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @Ritaf1983 

do you mean that I have no chance to see my values with the same X-axis point stacked in vertical?

Hi @andreazambon 
Yep,

Unless you add an index to each row at the day level

and then use it as a legend

or hierarchy...

(as I showed in the discussion I referred you to)

the charts are simply not built to display all values, they display aggregations.

Therefore, if you want to display all the points, they must have some unique identifier that will appear on the graph.

I tried with the index for each group of data, but with small multiples is not feasible to connect each point because the x-axis is shared with all the graphs. 

It could be interesting to implement a view with the X-axis not shared, in order to show in a view more graphs with group data.

Thanks for your support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.