Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kornholio
Helper III
Helper III

Using a Date filter and KPI

Hi,

I have a date, "Target Date", which has multiple date entries. I have it in a filter by "Relative Date" selections, for things like, weekly, bi weekly, etc. I also have an "Expectations" column, this is a number like "60" for specific Persons last name. 

So, right now a Person has an Expectation of 60 for weekly. If i choose in the Target Date filter Last Week, then the number of units works and the Expectation works, but when i choose Last Month, the number of units counts for all last month Target Date entries. 

What I need to do, is if i only have one Expectation for weekly, e.g. 60, then if I choose bi weekly, it should show Expectation of 120, then if i choose This Month, it should show 240, and so on.

Is there a way to apply the additions of Expectations for each time chosen on the filtered Target Date counts?

e.g I choose this week for chart, showing all Last Names and thier total units and Expectations, then i choose this month in the filter, i want the Expectations to multiply from beginning weekly Expectation (week 1=60, week 2=120, week 3= 180, etc)

11 REPLIES 11
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

i am not sure how to paste a excel file

Capture.JPG

i am not sure how to post excel example

So, i have a date table and a column with Expectations(=20,30,40,50, etc.) So a line could look like this

Name, Location, Task, Date,  Expectation

John, Minnesota, Nurse, Jan 2020, 60

Basically, I wanted to pick a date range (1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc), then say the 60 above is =1 week. If i choose 2 weeks, the number would multiply to 120 (or 60x2). If i choose 3 weeks, the number would report for Expectation as 180. Each week I choose from week 1 would multiply that way

Hi @Kornholio ,

Sorry I didn't get the point.

How do you define the date range? Weeks between selected max [Target date] and min [Target date]?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Alright, bit of a change, so if i have a Period Date filter dropdown and i need for Period 1 to show # of Units as whatever they have, say 30, and the Expectation is set for 60, then when i choose Period 1 and Period 2, the  # of units will double and the Expecation would too. Is there a calc for this? I will send a sheet of data i use if you need it

Hi @Kornholio ,

I didn't find "units" column in your sample data but i did find "Expecation" column.

So basically you want the value/sum of "Expecation" multiplied by the count of selected "Period"? And should the target date within the selected "Period"?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi,

So each CSV file that i pull in will have been called the name of the two week period. I have a calculation taking in the start and end dates as the period and use as a filter.

Looks like this

textperiod = CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE("Wk ",'Schedule Report'[Pay Period]),": "),CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE('Schedule Report'[startdate]," - "),'Schedule Report'[Enddate]))

and this is the calc for the Pay Period

Pay Period = FLOOR(DATEDIFF(DATE(2020,1,05),'Schedule Report'[Target Date],DAY)/14,1)+1

I am attaching another file(HTML) with units and expectations

Basically each day they have an expecation of 1.2 units and they have the # of units completed and Productivity Units.

I want to use the filter for Period and have the units accounted for in each period chosen and the Productivity Units.

also this is the calc for the start and end date

startdate = CALCULATE(
MIN('Schedule Report'[Target Date]),
ALLEXCEPT('Schedule Report','Schedule Report'[Pay Period])

Enddate = CALCULATE(
MAX('Schedule Report'[Target Date]),
ALLEXCEPT('Schedule Report','Schedule Report'[Pay Period])
)

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.