Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jp_fondu

Using USERELATIOSHIP with a FILTER - Not working

Hey, 

I have a table with a list of home repairs.  I have the date the job was raised and the date it was complete.  

My date table has an active relationship to the job raised date column, and an inactive one to the job completed date.  

I have 2 measures calcuating both the Number of Jobs Raised and Number Of Jobs Completed.  The job raised one works fine as it uses the current active relationship.   On my page I have a Date slicer from the Date table.  

For the Number of Jobs Completed I used USERELATIONSHIP to temp activate the inactive relationship.  This gives me back the correct number.  However, I need to filter this to only show specific types of jobs, but when I add that into the measure it seems to use both relationships between the job table and date table.  

I can add a filter to the visualization and it works, but I need to use this measure a lot and this doesnt seem like the correct way to do it.  Here is my measure.  Hope you can help 🙂

M Total Completed Jobs = 
                CALCULATE (
                            COUNTX (
                                   Repairs_Main,
                                   Repairs_Main[Job Number as integer]), 

USERELATIONSHIP (
                                            Repairs_Main[Date Job Completed (Date Only)],
                                            'Date'[Date]),

FILTER (
                                            Repairs_Main, 
                                            Repairs_Main[Repair Priority Bracket] ="Response")
                        )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jp_fondu 

This is related with the context and how it's applied, in this case you first need to apply the filter to the table of the countx and then the USERELATIONSHIP.

Try the following measure:

M Total Completed Jobs =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTX (
        FILTER ( Repairs_Main, Repairs_Main[Repair Priority Bracket] = "Response" ),
        Repairs_Main[Job Number as integer]
    ),
    USERELATIONSHIP ( Repairs_Main[Date Job Completed (Date Only)], 'Date'[Date] )
)

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jp_fondu 

This is related with the context and how it's applied, in this case you first need to apply the filter to the table of the countx and then the USERELATIONSHIP.

Try the following measure:

M Total Completed Jobs =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTX (
        FILTER ( Repairs_Main, Repairs_Main[Repair Priority Bracket] = "Response" ),
        Repairs_Main[Job Number as integer]
    ),
    USERELATIONSHIP ( Repairs_Main[Date Job Completed (Date Only)], 'Date'[Date] )
)

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Excelente.  Thanks mate, worked a charm.  Appreciate taking the time to answer my query

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.