Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mkrishna
Helper III
Helper III

Using Supporting table or other table to creating Matrix View in Power BI

Hi All,

I am a new to PBI. I have a sales data which consist of store number, Manufacturer, Brand, Product and Sales Revenue. I wanted to see how much of the sales revenue is by Manufacturer Dhoni and how much is my Other manufacturer. I also wanted to to see how much is by Brand Buddha, remaning brand of Manufacturer Dhoni and rest of the other brands.  I have already committed a Fact Table and done some other measures

For this I created a Supporting Table called ManufacturerTable  with items in column , Dhoni and Rest. Similary, I created another Supporting Table called BrandTable with items in columns, Buddha, Other product of Dhoni Brand and Rest of other products.

How can I use the supporting table and do the calculation as mentioned above and use matrix view to visualize the data. I do not have concept of doing this things. Please do guide. 

Thank you in Advance

Data Summary.

Mkrishna_0-1696723399177.png

A store can sell product of different manufacturer. A manufacturer can have different brand and a brand can have different products.

I want to matrix visualization in the folllowing format

Mkrishna_1-1696723668324.png

I do not have the idea/trick concept for doing this one. Please guide me how can I do this.

1 REPLY 1
lucadelicio
Super User
Super User

Hi Mkrishna,

please upload the pbix file with the excel data import in it on https://wetransfer.com/

I will help you!

Thank you,

Luca D'Elicio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.