Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MollyWeasley89
Frequent Visitor

Using Sliders to Show Normal Distibution in Graph

Hello, 

I have a dashboard I am trying to create with the ability to move sliders to show what would give us a normal distribution of our Field Intelligence Score. 

The Field Intelligence Score is a calculated Column that is = 

Field Intelligence Score =Risk Level*(.50)+ Assessment of Compliance Score*(.50)
I have Sliders for both components of that equation (Risk Level and Assessment of Complaince Score)
I want the Sliders to show what is possible if I move, for example, Risk Level*(.50) to Risk Level*(.30) - I am aiming for a way to use these sliders to show what a normal distibution would look like on the bar graph that shows  (Field Intelligence Score). 

I need help getting the Sliders to "talk" to the Graph in this scenario. 

Again the graph is based on this field - Field Intelligence Score =Risk Level*(.50)+ Assessment of Compliance Score*(.50). So with the formula already set - how do I get it to "move" between the percentage values I am using on each of the two sliders (Risk Level and Assessment of Complaince Score)

I have attached a mockup of what I am looking for. Thanks so much in advance
Mockup of Normal Distubution.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@MollyWeasley89 

To achieve dynamic visualization updates based on slider inputs in Power BI, you can use a combination of slicers, measures, and a line chart. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. **Create Slicer for Risk Level and Assessment of Compliance Score**:
Create slicers for Risk Level and Assessment of Compliance Score. These slicers will allow users to adjust the percentage values for each component.

2. **Create Measures for Adjusted Field Intelligence Score**:
Create measures for the adjusted Field Intelligence Score based on the selected values from the slicers. For example:

```DAX
Adjusted Risk Level = [Selected Risk Level] * 0.5
```

```DAX
Adjusted Assessment of Compliance Score = [Selected Assessment of Compliance Score] * 0.5
```

Then, create a measure for the adjusted Field Intelligence Score:

```DAX
Adjusted Field Intelligence Score = [Adjusted Risk Level] + [Adjusted Assessment of Compliance Score]
```

3. **Create Line Chart for Normal Distribution**:
Create a line chart visual with the date on the x-axis and the Adjusted Field Intelligence Score on the y-axis. This will show the normal distribution of the Field Intelligence Score over time.

4. **Interact with Slicers**:
Configure the line chart to interact with the slicers. Set the visual-level filters for Risk Level and Assessment of Compliance Score to use the adjusted measures created in step 2.

5. **Testing and Adjustments**:
Test the functionality by adjusting the values in the slicers and observing how the line chart updates accordingly. Make adjustments as needed to ensure the visualization behaves as expected.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

12m ago

Hello, thanks for the quick response. I followed the steps and don't quite have it working so I have a few question that I was not clear on and maybe that is why. 

First, creating the measures: "```DAX
Adjusted Risk Level = [Selected Risk Level] * 0.5
```

```DAX
Adjusted Assessment of Compliance Score = [Selected Assessment of Compliance Score] * 0.5"

These were calculated columns and so the measure would not let me use calculated columns. I altered the formula to have SELECTEDVALUE( before your formula. Was this wrong? I did this. 

Adjusted Assessment of CMS Score = SELECTEDVALUE(Source, [Assessment of Compliance Score])*.5

Adjusted Risk Level Measure = SELECTEDVALUE( Source, [Risk Level])*.5

Then I added them into the 
Adjusted Field Intelligence Score like this = [Adjusted Risk Level Measure]+ [Adjusted Assessment of Compliance Score]

Secondly I was unclear on your step of providing visual level filters, should that be on the Sliders or the graph? I tried both and it didn't respond - but I think this may be rooted in me not doing the measure right. Again, RIsk Level and Assessment of Compliance Score are currently calculated columns

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.