Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Using ONEDRIVE to get refreshed data

Hi everyone,

I have an excel file that will be updated once a week which is on onedrive, so I thought of using the web option to get data but for some reason the credentials to access the web is not connecting to the copied path I have but I am able to connect with the same credentials to the online onedrive. 

Any idea on why this might be happening or do you'll have any other suggestions on how I can acheive this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I had the version x64.exe on my computer, once I updated it to the regular PBIdesktopsetup.exe I was able to connect to the online excel and that fixed my issue.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I had the version x64.exe on my computer, once I updated it to the regular PBIdesktopsetup.exe I was able to connect to the online excel and that fixed my issue.  

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sraj 
Please check the replies in this post.
Get data from SharePoint Online - Microsoft Power BI Community

For the credential error, try clear the permission in the datasource setting then connect again.

V-pazhen-msft_0-1619665327716.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @sraj ,

you have to use Sharepoint folder to connect your personal OneDrive:

selimovd_0-1619541903920.png

Also be aware that you always have to use the root folder like in the screenshot. In the next step you can filter for a specific folder or file.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thats exactly is what I am trying to use, but it just doesnt recognize the credentials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.