cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maureen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Using Forecasting with Fiscal Year

I am using a line graph with fiscal month and year on the x-axis.  Actually, the x-axis is a hierarchy with fiscal month within year.  I had to hard code in the fiscal month names and and order them by fiscal month number.  I want to do forecasting using the month and year data points but when I drill down to the month level, the forecasting option goes away. Suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using Forecasting with Fiscal Year

Hi Maureen,

I find that when I add date hierarchy like below in report, and click button like below, this will work

229.PNG

227.PNG228.PNG

The x-axis value needs to have a date/time format or be a uniformly increasing whole number.

• It can’t contain text or decimal numbers.
  • Sometimes x-axis values appear to be dates, but they’re actually formatted as text. They won’t work for forecasting.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Maureen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Using Forecasting with Fiscal Year

My client wants to see the names of the fiscal month so I have to figure out a way to hard code the month names and make it a date format instead of text.  I can't figure out how to do that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 76 members 1,157 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: