Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TSH
Frequent Visitor

User select from KPI library

Hi all,

In our organization, we have developed a list of 25-30 KPI's that need to be developed. The KPI content is diverse, users have their own interest and responsibility of using those KPI's that are applicable for theire part of the business. This mix of KPI's depends on various factors.

We would like to support the business by creating a report that hosts all of these KPI's, some sort of a KPI library. The number of KPI's is too high to be displayed at once and all users have their own preference. We would like to create some sort of a slicer that hosts all KPI's, where users may check/uncheck the relevant KPI's. The report will in this way only display the selected KPI's.

We struggle how to create this. How can we create flexible measures that are filled by the user selected KPI's? I was thinking in options of creating (for instance) 10 dummy measures, put these measures in fixed visuals and filling the meausres by the selection of the user, but have no idea how to dynamically turn the slicer selection into measures.

An other option is creating one visual that (un)hides rows, making measures blank when this is deselected. But I didn't found a visual that is well suited for this. 

We are aware of the functionallity of pinning visuals to a dashboard, but this does not work in our situation (e.g. no slicer options, pinning from multiple pages, etc.). 

Has anybody build such a solution? Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi amitchandak,

This is not exactly what I'm looking for. This changes the concent of one specific measure; I want to display multiple measures at once (e.g. an user selects 8 KPI's, all 8 need to be displayed).

The KPI's contain different contents and scales, so they need to be displayed in seperate visuals or in one visual that can process different scales/formats.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.