Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use KPI card to filter table on same page

I have a table and some KPI cards on the left

City Table
Mumbai  Car ModelCityPriceAvailable
4 abc1Mumbai65251Y
  abc2Hyderabad79208N
  abc3Delhi43448Y
  abc4Hyderabad40501N
Hyderabad abc5Mumbai95521Y
3 abc6Delhi38443Y
  abc7Delhi33255N
  abc8Mumbai12188N
Delhi abc9Mumbai53398Y
3 abc10Hyderabad24391Y

All Im trying to do is, click on the KPI from the left and the table on right would filter the city.

I know KPIs cannot be used for fitlers and drill throughs.

I also tried to place a bar chart on top of these KPI charts but then I wasn't able to make them transparent in color from the Data Colors (that could have solved my problem)

Please suggest 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to make the bar chart transparent in color from the Data Colors, you should first create a measure.

BarColour = "#FFFFFF00"

Then make the following choices:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Power BI — KPI or card of visual selectable https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/KPI-or-card-of-visual-selectable/m-p/1484256

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to make the bar chart transparent in color from the Data Colors, you should first create a measure.

BarColour = "#FFFFFF00"

Then make the following choices:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Power BI — KPI or card of visual selectable https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/KPI-or-card-of-visual-selectable/m-p/1484256

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Winniz,

@v-kkf-msft 

The data colors on the format option of a bar chart doesn't show an FX (conditional color) icon.

Can you help with the same?

Hi @Anonymous ,

This post will solve your problem.
Power BI — Conditional Formatting on Bar Chart Solved: Conditional Formatting on Bar Chart - does not wor... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kkf-msft I dont see the 3 dots on my data colors format option

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you don't see the 3 dots on your data colors format option, can you see the icon in the red circle? Select it and set the color.

image.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.