Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Bookmarks to display 2 superposed tables

Hi guys,

I'm using the black Power Bi Desktop (version january 2020). I know that this black version has some limits compare to the normal desktop.

In fact, I need to display 2 tables which are superposed and the display depends on the action of the user. To do that, I have 2 that I assign 2 buttons. On each bookmark, I hide or show the tables.

Example : Bookmark 1 >I show the table1 and hide the table 2. Just after that, I assign it to the button 1 and update the bookmark1

Bookmark 2 >I show the table2 and hide the table 1. Just after that, I assign it to the button 2 and update the bookmark2

Button1 will launch action of Bookmark1

Button 2 will launch action of Bookmark2

The problem is that the update of the bookmark2 ecrase the bookmark1 and it shouldn't

Can you tell me if it's one of the limits of the black version or have I done something wrong ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNGIt's this one. The functionalities are limited

I found the issue. In fact, I used bookmarks on a rectangle form. I changed to real button and it works perfectly.

Thank you

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
Power bi team launches  updates every month. so it is recommended to always update to newest desktop version. Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center.

Regards
Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like too but it doesn't depend only on me

What version are you running? and never heard of the "Black Version", thats a new one to me.  As for upgrading, its a local install, so unless you share a machine with someone and they have a specific need for an older version, I would upgrade.

I am currently on...

2020-12-08_16-30-25.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNGIt's this one. The functionalities are limited

I found the issue. In fact, I used bookmarks on a rectangle form. I changed to real button and it works perfectly.

Thank you

StuartSmith
Power Participant
Power Participant

Do you mean something like this?

Example Bookmark File 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for taking time to answer me.

Yes it's something like that. I opened your pibx with another pc that has power bi normal  and I did the bookmark again, it worked. I tried on the pc with the black version, it doesn't work. It is the version of Desktop which is the problem ?

I created the demo file within the Desktop version.  When you say "Black Version", do you mean the "Browser Version"?  if so, it shouldnt make a difference.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The black version means the version which doesn't have all functionality of Power BI ( ex: I can not the functionality which join 2 tables with the relation *...*, I can only do 1...1 or 1...*)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.