Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jalantripti
Frequent Visitor

Usage Metrics - Unnamed User and Pages Tab not accessible

In the Usage Metrics, we are able to see a Unnamed User

Please help understand: 
1.  How can we understand who this unnamed user could be or from where is this user accessing the report ?
2. Pages tab beside Users is not clickable. Please understand why ?

jalantripti_0-1628676129200.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jalantripti 

It seems the first row shows the user id of the report user rather than "Unnamed user" string for unnamed users. Try switching the new usage metrics report back to the old usage metrics report and check the Views by user table at bottom. Does the user show the family name/given name/UPN correctly?

081302.jpg

For the second question, I couldn't reproduce it. My report has only one page and I can click the Pages tab. Does this problem only occur on this report? Can you close the usage metrics report and generate a new one to check this behavior?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing 

jalantripti_0-1629109822373.pngjalantripti_1-1629109839366.png

1. Why is there a difference in data in both the metrics ?

2. What is the duration considered when 'New usage report' toggle is off ?
3. I am still not able to figure out the user for User ID "4a24f24c-eaee-480f-8daf-62fa57cddc83" displayed on Usage Metrics when 'New usage report' toggle is on

@jalantripti 

The new usage metrics report contains usage metrics for that content for the last 30 days while the classic usage metrics report contains data for the last 90 days. Meanwhile, the data of two types of usage metrics reports are collected from different sources, so the results will be different. 

Classic usage metrics 

New usage metrics 

I'm not sure why there is a record of userid not showing the email address. You may create a copy of the usage metrics report and edit the copy. When you connect to the dataset, you will see a Users table in Fields pane. Select a table visual and select columns from this Users table to see all users in the dataset.

081703.jpg

Or if you are the Power BI Administrator, go to Admin Portal and check if there is user information excluded from the usage report. 

Exclude user information from usage metrics reports 

You can try checking Audit Logs to find out the report users. Audit logs are collected using data from the service rather than client devices. The data seems to be more reliable.

Track user activities in Power BI

Regards,
Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.