Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating PBI service datasets from Stream Analytics after initial creation

Hello,

I'm using Azure Stream Analytics to create a live report. The ASA job is still in development so columns are still being added and subtracted. When columns are added from the ASA side they do not appear in the PBI dataset thats already been loaded into my report. I don't have access to power query since I'm not in direct query mode. 

Is there anyway to update the columns in a PBI dataset once imported into a report for a live model?

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

The issues you have encountered should actually be working.

Please follow these steps to try to troubleshoot your problem:

1. If you add a column/measure, it should (after deployment) be visible to the Power BI  Service / Power BI Desktop . Do you encounter the same problem with the Power BI Desktop?
  2. Have you tried refreshing your browser manually? Does the manual refresh work and is the column still invisible afterwards?
  3. Another reason I learned about is that you need to re-process the model for the entire AS database,processing the model partially is not good enough.

Hope it helps,

Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.