Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

enesse

Update model when limit of 10000 scanned rows reached

Hi,

Over time my data model has evolved to include new fields. When I try to import the latest data and add my new fields I can't select them because "limit of 10000 scanned rows reached". Is there any way to get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, that's not the issue. In the earlier stages of development my data model was much simpler and it was lacking essential properties. When the properties where added to my C# model, that's being stored in document db, the number of records in the associated collection had exeeded Power BI "scanned row limit", which ment that I couldn't select the new properties on my data set.

I "solved" this issue by opening the advanced editor and typing in the json property name that I needed into Table.ExpandRecordColumn. I hope in the future there will be an easier way to select all unique properties on a collection, but at least for now this works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @enesse,

Do you get the 10000 rows limit in Power BI Desktop? Could you please post the screenshot of your scenario?

As far as I know, when you want to search value of a column in the textbox as shown in the first screenshot, there is a warning stating that “Limit of 1000 values reached”. If you refer to this limitation, you can use the Filters shown in the second screenshot to select  your wanted values.
1.PNG2.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No, that's not the issue. In the earlier stages of development my data model was much simpler and it was lacking essential properties. When the properties where added to my C# model, that's being stored in document db, the number of records in the associated collection had exeeded Power BI "scanned row limit", which ment that I couldn't select the new properties on my data set.

I "solved" this issue by opening the advanced editor and typing in the json property name that I needed into Table.ExpandRecordColumn. I hope in the future there will be an easier way to select all unique properties on a collection, but at least for now this works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.