Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aoberholzer
Frequent Visitor

Update a slicer's options based upon another slicer's selection

I currently have two slicers and when I update the first slicer, the old selection in the second slicer remains and makes the page go blank because the second slicer's selection is no longer associated with the selection in the first. Is there any way to update the second slicer's selection to reflect the change in the first slicer's selection? Thank you for any help!

Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 11.13.56 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @aoberholzer 

Give a simple example.

vzhangti_0-1694568124044.png

New slicer table:

Table 2 = VALUES('Table'[Type2])

vzhangti_1-1694568156690.png

Measure = Var _table=CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Table'[Type1]),FILTER('Table',[Type1]<>BLANK()))
Return
IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Type2]) in _table,0,1)

vzhangti_2-1694568199511.pngvzhangti_3-1694568232971.png

At this point the selection of the 2nd slicer will change depending on the selection of the first slicer.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello!

Thank you.

However, my issue is that slicer B's original selection remains when I change the selection in Slicer A (screenshot attached using your example). For example if I select "A" in slicer A and "B" in slicer B, and then change the selection to "B" in slicer A, then my first selection, "B", in slicer B stays selected, which I do not want, because this then causes my page to go blank. Is there any way to entirely reset slicer B whenever the selection in Slicer A changes, so that the initial selection in slicer B is no longer selected?

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 12.04.39 PM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.