Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AdrianLock
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to select value set in filter pane

Hi everyone hope someone can help.   

I have a fact table called kpi_fact_targets this then has a dimension table of kpi_dim_metric. (with the fields displayed below.)   I also have a table called organisation which filters fact table.    On my page there is a slicer which allows you to select an organisation.  Then number of card visuals.   On the filter pane of a card visual I have put in metric_id from the fact table.  This should then tell that card what to display.  I then wish to populate  this card visual with a number of things. All pulled from match metric_id.  Title of card, Sub title, also separate card showing target for the KPI.  While the KPI itself is calculated else where from other data.

Now at this point I need to point out that not all KPI apply to all organisation.  Therefor some don't have a entry within fact table that matches one set in the filter pane.  However we will still need to pull the title, subtle, through as a value for that KPI will be shown but with no Target.   

I'm trying to write a measure for each of the above.  If there is  match in target table it's fine. it pulls the correct match.    However if a particular organisation does not have that KPI.  It finds blank for title, sub title and target.     I assumed I could just do match of the value set in the filter pane against metric_id in the dim table.  However this does work.  If the kpi_fact_table is filter and subsequently does not contain the metric_id set on the filter pane.  Even though that field has been set.  is there anyway to access the choice form the filter pane?  I've tried selected value but that stops if there is no match in the fact table despite not looking for match there only in the dim table

(unfortunately it's not easy to supply a file due size and complexity of dataset)

kpi_fact_targets 
Metric_id

Region_id
Title_id

Target
StartDate

EndDate

KPI_Dim_Metric
(this table has a 1 to many link with fact table)
Metric_id

Metric_Title

Metric_SubTitle

Metric_ Description

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.