Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rajkota

Unable to select table column as value for title using conditional formatting

Hi - I have a bunch of line and stacked column charts where I need to show a title, whcih is based on the value of a table field.  This field is being used as filter - so, as an example, if this field is set say Location A, I want to use that field in the title of the chart.  When I try to set that using the fx button on the title property, I can see the column in the drop down (on conditional formatting dialog), however, it does not keep/select the value. the OK button is diabled and there are no warnings or error messages.    

How can i get that field to bein included in my chart as a title. I have pages of charts for 8 locaitons and so need to be able to set it to be dynamic.  

When i use that field as a Column legend, then the Month To Date line for the secondary Y axis condenses to only available values.  So, as of today, it will only show 10/11 column and cumulative line on the secondaty Y axis for MTD.  WHen I remove the legend, all days of the month appear with 10/11 columns and a MTD line, flat from today to the rest of the month.  So, the point I'm making here is the legend cannot be used, as the users want to see the entore month (days in the future).

Hope this makes sense and someone has had a similar situation before.

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong would be very helpful.

Thanks for your help.

RK

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need some sort of an aggregation to turn that column (which is basically a table) into a single value (aka a scalar value). That is true even if your column only has one value.  (With some exceptions that are not relevant here)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.