Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SaiPriyaEleti
Frequent Visitor

Unable to parse the apostrophe symbol

Hi,

I have a report whose data source is ADX Function and load method is DirectQuery. Iam using the concept of parameter binding.

So I have a parameter named metadata, Iam trying to pass this parameter to the ADX Function. To retrieve multiple site data if the user selects multiple sites, I've written a code for it.(code below)

let
vsite2=
if Type.Is(Value.Type(metadata),List.Type) then

let
AddSingleQuotes = List.Transform(metadata,each """ & _ & """),

DelimitedList = Text.Combine(AddSingleQuotes,",")
in
DelimitedList
else
""" & metadata & """,

Source = AzureDataExplorer.Contents("adxclustername", "dbname", "Functionsite(dynamic(&vsite2&))", [MaxRows=null, MaxSize=null, NoTruncate=null, AdditionalSetStatements=null]),
#"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(Source, "Timestamp_datetime", "Timestamp_datetime - Copy"),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Duplicated Column",{{"Timestamp_datetime - Copy", type date}}),
#"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Changed Type",{{"Timestamp_datetime - Copy", "Date Coloumn"}})
in
#"Renamed Columns"

The issue is : When I have an apostrophe symbol in the site name, it is not able to parse and this is the error Iam getting:

SaiPriyaEleti_0-1659939656550.png

please help.

Thanks In Advance,

Sai Priya.

1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.