Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

OlegV2
Frequent Visitor

Unable to login to the PowerBi because of app authenticator

Hello, please help me. I ve tried everything and I am unable to login to PowerBi. It always asks to use a code from an authenticator.

• I am the only admin and the only user! And when I login to PowerBi after filling in an email and a password I am asked to fill in a code from an authanticator app.
  • but the account in the app stopped showing codes and stopped being clickable. So I deleted it. After that I tried to recreate it, but during recreation the authanticator app asks me to show a code from the authanticator app. And I cannot show the code from the app, because this account is not in the app...I am creating it!

What I have done:

1) I tried to recover all the accounts in the authanticator app by using a backup account (which is my microsoft personal account). But the backup list did not have a powerbi account.  

• I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP ME.
4 REPLIES 4
OlegV
Helper III
Helper III

You need to contact a commercial microsoft team by phone. They will create a ticket and manually remove authanticator app from the two step authorisation. 

It is the only way.

OlegV2
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak How can a user register again for MFA without an access to their account?

I cannot log in to my account, because it requres to use an authanticator app. And there is no powerbi account in the authanticator app. And when I try to register a powerbi account in the authanticator app, the app asks to use an authanticator app to register. It is a loop!

I tried to restor a powerbi account from the microsoft back-up in the authanticator app. But it is not there.

Did you understand a problem or you just posting random answers to increase your rank in this forum?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@OlegV2 , Try to register again for MFA and use call and SMS option and then change the default option

@amitchandak ,thank you. I need to keep my current email. Is there any way to solve this problem and keep my current email?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.