Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ondrejpospisil
Regular Visitor

Unable to login and publish

Hello, several days I'm dealing with this problem. I have solution in Power BI desktop. When I want to publish it, I receive login command. So I put there my email account, but then I fall into some login loop. At first there is "Sign in" screen. When I click next (with correct email), I can see for a while "Trying to sign you in" screen, but it then returns to "Sign in" screen. And over and over.

My account is valid, it is company account. I'm able to login online into Power BI and work there, but I need to publish what I created on desktop. I was trying it on server and on two other different PCs. Do you have any advices on this?

Thank you for your help

Best Regards

Ondra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, as I wrote below, try to log in at first into your domain and then use your email address. It worked for me.

Ondra

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
StephenF
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Any fix?

Yes, you need to log into your working domain and then set your name/password.

I dont get even prompted for a password, its just a loop of asking for username/email over and over.

johanjsc
Helper I
Helper I

I have the same issue, some client logins work, and some doesnt. Anyone else solved this yet?

Hi, as I wrote below, try to log in at first into your domain and then use your email address. It worked for me.

Ondra

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me and coworkers are still experiencing this issue, tried re-installing, other versions. Nothing works!

Hello, our admin helped me with that. I choose "other option for log in" (or something similar) and then at first I log into our domain. Then I put there my email and then everything is working and I can publish now again.

Please check it the same way.

Best Regards

Ondra

sebbayard
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, 

i  have the same issue, but realized that I'm able to login with account that are logged into Windows: 

sebbayard_0-1643896858904.png

Hope this can give us a clue and that the issue gets resolved asap. 

Cheers

Ben

Solved it by login into the domain > choose on of the other users ( highlighted in green) > got an error message > try to log in with the correct user > it worked. 

Cheers

Ben

jakeryan56
Helper III
Helper III

Yep I am having the same issue. It is doing this with two of my clients accounts but others are fine. 
Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

ondrejpospisil
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply, but it did not worked 😞 I have last version installed, I enabled both, restarted an application and still the same situation 😞

Ondra

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ondrejpospisil , I doubt this may be because of Power BI Desktop infrastructure update/Web Page connector preview feature. Enable both and try

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-in/blog/power-bi-july-2021-feature-summary/#post-16530-_Toc77174530

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.