Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VictorBatista
Regular Visitor

Unable to get data from MySQL Server. Power Query works fine but Power BI fails to get data.

Hi, I have a server machine that I want to use as gateway for my companies Power BI's, but we are having problems when trying to get data from MySQL Server Databases. After installing the gateway and failing to set up the paths, I went to Power BI desktop to see if everything was working properly.

We are normally getting data from AWS Athena Lakes and files in out companies intranet, but with MySQL databases we are being able to read the data in Power Query, but when we close and apply and Power BI tries to read the data we get an Athentication Error message like below.

VictorBatista_2-1643218984743.png

VictorBatista_0-1643218955399.png

We already checked if the machine's firewall or our companies network firewall are blocking something, but according to the netsec teams, thats not the issue.

We also checked if there are any problems related to ports, but nothing poiting out as well.

Can you help me?

4 REPLIES 4
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VictorBatista ,

When i renamed the excel file, I got the same error as below. 

vpollymsft_0-1643788857623.png

I'd like to suggest you check if the file is in the path and the file name is matched with that in Power Query.

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Loading-blocked-by-failures-with-other-queries-for-local-fi...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Data-source-change-error-quot-Loading-blocked-by-failures-w...

• Power Query Editor -> Data source settings -> Change data source
  • Ensure you have access permissions to it. 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey, I'm getting data from MySQL databases, not files, so their names as static, no one is able to change it. And also, my Power Query reads the data just fine, but Power BI is the one unable to read it. So it is not a datasource path problem...

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What's your gateweay version?  Gateways after 66.8 broke the MySQL connector in cases where the TLS levels don't match.

Hey, Ibendlin. I'll check te gateway version, but I don't believe it is related to that, because my Power BI Desktop is also unable to get the data. The odd thing about my problem is that Power Query reads the data just fine and Power BI is the one unable to read it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.