Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to SAP BW with SSO (partner xxx not reached error)

Hi all,

I am trying to connect to SAP BW with my Windows Authentication. I have downloaded the correct sapcrypto.dll files, and setting up the correct system variables.

However, I am still getting the partner xxxxxx not reached error with all these. Tested both Import and DirectQuery options and still am getting the same error.

Have anyone been able to successfully connecting to BW with windows authentication? Do you mind sharing your experience?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dong Li,

Thanks for your replies. I have already installed the connector for SAP, and yes we are able to connect using username/password method. However, the issue happen when we are connecting using Windows authentication.

Do you see anything else we could be missing?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, from the error message, it seems that Power BI is trying to connect to our SAP BW server through port :4870, while checking on other threads, it seems majority of them are connecting to a different port to SAP BW. Any idea how do we configure in Power BI which port to use instead?

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you tried to use both version of the SAP BW connectors? Whan kind of server you are tring to connect with, the Message server or the Application server? Could you please try to connect the Same server by Windows Authentication from the same location without using Power BI Desktop?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

First of all, we suggest you to delete any confidential information in your shared screenshot such as ip address (even if it is an intranet IP).

Have you tried to install and use the Implementation 2.0 SAP Connector  to connect to SAP BW with windows authentication, Please make sure  the version of connector matches their Power BI Desktop installation. Could you try to use username/password  or other ways connect same data source to verify it can access the SAP BW from this place?

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.