Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ingo_BI
Frequent Visitor

Unable to complete the action because your organization's Fabric compute capacity has exceeded...

Hi,

I have a very strange problem in Fabric. I get this below message when trying to refresh my PBIX-file.

"Unable to complete the action because your organization's Fabric compute capacity has exceeded its limits. Try again later."

My collegue who is a part of the same organization does not have this problem. And when I try to use HIS login credentials on MY computer I get the same error message. So the error is somehow connected to my computer. I have had this problem for about a week now so the "try again later" part does not apply either. 
6 REPLIES 6
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ingo_BI , @ClaudeZack ,

Change the authentication method from Windows to Organizational and check if the problem is resolved.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @Ingo_BI 

You could use the Fabric Capacity Metrics App to see if your organisation's compute capacity is being exceeded.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/enterprise/metrics-app-install?tabs=1st

To use this you need to be a Fabric admin I believe.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

I should have added that in my starting post but we have of course made sure that we don't exceed our capacity. And that is also confirmed by the fact that my collegue can refresh my PBIX file on HIS computer with HIS credentials. And like I stated: he is part of the same organization as me. 

Hi @Ingo_BI ,

Are you using the Lakehouse connector? If so, there is a recent issue related to this.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Hi, @v-cgao-msft,

Could you please elaborate on that? Thank you.

Kind regards,

ClaudeZack

Hi @ClaudeZack ,

A user has reported that when trying to refresh the imported model in Power BI desktop using the Lakehouse connector, an error message:

unable to complete the action because your organization’s fabric compute capacity has exceeded its limit. try again later

This report works well in service while refreshing the user is not facing any error, the error is only with the desktop while the customer is trying to refresh.

The version of Power BI Desktop that the user is using is 2.126.1261.0 64-bit February 2024.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.