Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srinivaspappu
Frequent Visitor

URL POST to a .NET application

Hello,

I want to create a Hyperlink in PowerBI (In visual or card or anywhere), which makes a call to another web application and want to pass the parameters (The selections of PowerBI filters) in POST method (Not in Get method) may be by an API call , to the other web application (.NET) , (Not by the URL query string way). Can you suggest me a way forward please..

Once user clicks on the hyperlink , it should go to the .NET application leaving the PowerBI page. While going to the other link, the user selections should be passed to the .NET application , so the similar information should be shown there, where user should edit the information there.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Srinivas Pappu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @srinivaspappu ,

this can only be done by creating a Power Automate flow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-automate-visual?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-50...

Assuming you can manage to get your .net application executed by the Power Automate flow.

Another idea can be to create Power App that allows the editing.

But maybe this is enough: Dynamic Button Text & Web URL in Power BI - BI Elite

Otherwise i consider it not possible, as passing selected data to a 3rd party app (your .net application) can be considered data leakage and for this reason, is not allowed

Hopefully, this provides some ideas on what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
srinivaspappu
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Tom.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @srinivaspappu ,

this can only be done by creating a Power Automate flow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-automate-visual?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-50...

Assuming you can manage to get your .net application executed by the Power Automate flow.

Another idea can be to create Power App that allows the editing.

But maybe this is enough: Dynamic Button Text & Web URL in Power BI - BI Elite

Otherwise i consider it not possible, as passing selected data to a 3rd party app (your .net application) can be considered data leakage and for this reason, is not allowed

Hopefully, this provides some ideas on what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.