Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cryptosun
Helper I
Helper I

URGENT HELP NEEDED REGARDING POWERBI AND POWER APPS.

Dear Experts, I am looking for an urgent help as i am a beginner and would be appericiate your kind feedback.

I have a cloud database table, which i have imported in PBI Dekstop app, the table report is a bit long and has around 22 columns. first thing i want to know is, is it recommended to transform the data everything you import a report as it calculates the sum also which i don't want.

My main goal is to show the report to the users, and i want to have 2 comment boxes in the report also either a button which can generate a popup for getting the comment from either a supplier or customer. i googled some ideas i thought to take the comments i can use power apps? i have worked with powerapps and know about it i already made a sharepoint list also to store the comments.

The problem is i want to merge this powerapp with PBI Report? i am not sure how i can do it.

The second problem is, i want the comment box to be linked with the specific material number and the comment box should be shown to only relevant persons and not others, so i saw on google we can do it via RLS(Row level security) How can i impliment it?

I am not sure on the report how can i add the comment boxes or either a button which can popup to take the comments of the suppliers or customers. 

Plus i also want to show the most recent comments in the PBI Dashboard.

I am a newbie but i need to do this task within 2 days, I would be grateful for your tips and feedback. TIA

3 REPLIES 3
cryptosun
Helper I
Helper I

I am working in an organization, whom has the powerapps licence. The database already exist on a cloud database, but they just want to see the database in the report view in POWERBI, plus 2 comment boxes one for 1 team and one for other, but only the specific team member should see the comment box. team 1 can see the comments of team 2 but team 2 can just comment, Plus the comment should be linked to a material no. How can i make it happen in POWERBI?

Plus the recent comment should be shown in the powerbi dashboard and can be accessed by the specific team

I would like add a button or directly a power app, so i can gather the comments, i already made a powerapp but i am confused where and how i should import it, as i can see the report in data mode so do i have put the powerapp in data mode? or where i can import it? is there a way to add a button like click here to comment and powerapp pops up where they can submit comments?

Any useful tips or links would be appericiated once again thankyou so much for ur help

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Welcome to the community.  What you describe is achievable, but it will take you as a newbie considerably more than two days.  Manage your expectations, and solve your requirements step by step. 

NOTE:  A sharepoint list is a good storage destination for your scenario but it is not realtime.  You will need another process based on a SQL Server table to synchronize all Sharepoint List changes (or write directly into the SQL server table if you have the appropriate PowerApps license, and then use the SQL Server table as a data source in Direct Query mode. 

Plus for storage of comments i already made a sharepointlist seperate for 2 teams

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.